Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Simple Here and There

So all of my friends have either moved back into their college dorms, finished their internships, or stopped working before the upcoming Fall academic year. I, on the other hand, am still working at my internship at Likeable Media until the end of this Friday. So at a 9 to 5 job, it's typical to take my lunch break at noon and since it's at a great location surrounded by plenty of restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and what not, I decided to meet up with a friend then. So just like I said I would, I returned to The Thinking Cup. And just like I said I would, I finally got the Affogato. Just to reiterate what that is, it's essentially authentic, sweet vanilla gelato deluged in hot espresso.  I have only had pure espresso once and I have to be honest, it was too bitter and bold for my taste. But with the vanilla gelato drowned in the espresso, you have a combination of contrasting ideas. The hot espresso with the cold gelato was like drinking a warm cup of hot chocolate on a frosty winter day. And then you have the sweetness counterbalancing the bitterness. It was amazing! I don't know anymore, The Thinking Cup could be my new favorite coffee place. If only they had one around Boston University campus. It's alright though, if I'm ever around the area I'll stop by and have a small cup of something-something!

No comments:

Post a Comment